About Community Building
The Stedman Community Building is designed to host business and social functions. It features a 2,100 square feet meeting room with direct access to a large fully functional kitchen and to spacious grounds for outside activities. It is available to rent and about seventy times a year it is rented by local families and organizations. The Community Building is also the Stedman Precinct Polling Place.
The Community Building was built by local contractor Lacy Maxwell in the 1960s. It was originally a project of the Stedman Chapter of the Jaycees, in conjunction with The Stedman Recreation Club and the (then) newly formed Stedman Community Development Club (SCDC). When the local Jaycees Chapter disbanded, the SCDC purchased the Jaycee’s interest in the building.
Over the years, The Stedman Community Building has hosted a thousand or more special events in this community and during the winter of 2011 / 2012, the SCDC arranged for it to have a $40,000 renovation. We are very pleased with the results and believe it is now a much better place for you to consider using to host your important gathering or event.
The Community Building Features:
- Main room is approximately 70 feet by 30 feet
- The main room ceiling is acoustic tile and the lights are dimmable fluorescent
- There are two large capacity, highly efficient HVAC systems for your comfort
- There are two gender specific handicapped rated rest rooms on the south end of the building and one small rest room near the (north end) kitchen that serves both genders
- The front parking area and building entrance is designed to facilitate handicapped individuals
- There are 20+ folding tables and 90+ folding chairs available for your use
The kitchen, which is next on our renovation schedule, includes:
- A refrigerator with freezer
- Two ranges, with four burner cooking surfaces and an oven each
- A microwave oven
- A commercial double sink
- A large food preparation site with a large chopping block surface
- A long food serving area
- The ability to open or to close the kitchen from view from the meeting room
The Stedman Community Building is located at 335 First Street in Stedman, at the intersection with Jaycee Street
From Highway 24, north, east or west; get to Clinton Road in Stedman and turn south from Clinton Road onto Carol Street (directly across from Crumpler’s Automotive) to Jaycee Street, turn right, and at the street end the building is on the right
From Beaver Dam Road / Stedman Cedar Creek Road; cross the Sandy Creek Bridge on Carol Street and immediately turn left onto Jaycee Street … continue to the Community Building on the right
From Hillsboro Street / Carl Freeman Road; turn right onto Front Street, and then right onto First Street which is just past the Stedman Town Hall … continue to the Community Building on the left
- The daily rental rate is $260.00 (effective with new rentals 01/01/2022) and there is a $100.00 rental guarantee / security deposit required. Be sure you understand the deposit conditions:
- If you cancel your reservation within 30 days of the schedule, and the SCDC has declined another renter, the SCDC may keep your deposit funds
- If you reserve the Community Building, and do not make the deposit within the time agreed, the SCDC may release your date for the Community Building to another renter
- The renter on record is responsible for the condition of the building, and some or all of the deposit may be used to cover any extraordinary cleaning or repair expense required to return the Community Building to our standards
There are rules and regulations for use of the Community Building that you need to know and to accept before renting the building, but they are reasonable ones.
Jess Hall at 910.584.3131
Stavri Kollar at 910.486.7903